Worship Services on YouTube
We are worshiping from home
Matthew 18:20 (NIV)
"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Currently ALL church services/Sunday school classes and outside meetings/activities normally held physically at Norwood UMC have been suspended until we return safely September 13, following CDC guidelines.
Dear Norwood Church Family,
May the peace and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
It has been an unprecedented time in our lives around the world. We miss living a “Normal” life, and we realize how precious things are that we once took for granted before COVID 19. Going to work, school, and Church have now become special events and a wish list.
I am sure God has special purposes for COVID 19. My prayer is that our nation, society, and the Church may hear and see the messages, and the works of God in the midst of uncertain days in our lives. Let us keep praying and pay attention to the voice of God and patiently wait for the restoration that God will bring.
Norwood Church will reopen on September 13th with the following guidelines:
1. We will offer one worship service at 10 am on Sundays. (Live Stream will be available on YouTube as well)
2. We will mandate that you must wear a face mask at all times while inside the Church facilities.
3. We will mandate social distancing (6 feet apart) while you are in the church building.
4. We will mandate the use of hand sanitizer as you come into the church buildings, use the restroom, use the chairlift, etc.
5. No food or beverages are to be brought in, sold, or consumed in the Church facilities.
6. We will post Important COVID-19 Disclaimer Notice signs on the doors to the church.
7. We will NOT check people’s temperatures who come to church, but we strongly encourage you to stay home and join worship via livestream if you are not
feeling well, or have a temperature of 100.4 or over per CDC guidelines.
8. We will NOT offer Nursery Care or Sunday School for children and youth until we no longer have to wear masks.
9. We will offer all three Adult Sunday School Classes: Oasis, Forum II, and the Chapel Class at 9 am on Sundays.
We are a church of people with different perspectives and standards. It is an enormous challenge that we are facing every day in our world. Our faith is also being challenged like God refining pure gold. We know we have to sacrifice for each other more than ever. I hope and pray that our congregation will persevere and overcome this unprecedented pandemic situation.
May God keep you all in His love and care.
Welcome, and thank you for visiting Norwood United Methodist Church online. We hope that our website highlights the wide variety of worship, fellowship and service opportunities available. Please feel free to read more about our church on this site, or come in for a visit. We would love to greet you and share with you our love for Jesus Christ and for you, our neighbor.
Our Mission Statement
We exist to introduce people to
and strengthen lives through Him!
. . . "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
~ Acts 16:30-31
Daily Bible Verse
FREE Community Events
Each “Second Sunday” of the month we host a FREE community event. ALL events begin with a meal served at 5:30 pm, followed by various events that begin at 6:30 pm.
Parking is available on Chester Pike and at Cavanagh's Funeral Home (when they are not having any services). Two designated handicap parking spaces are available on Ridley Ave. Social Hall is handicap accessible on Ridley Ave., at the designated wooden door sign. Sanctuary is handicap accessible on Ridley Ave. through the double glass doors.